||June 1-10—ten days, nine nights.
Explore the region of Emilia-Romagna. Noted author, educator, gastronome, and Italophile, Fred Plotkin said, “From a gastronomic point of view, and many others as well, Emilia-Romagna is the most outstanding region in Italy.”
Leading the tour is noted Italian food and cultural expert, Gisella Isidori assisted by KRUU’s host of the weekly radio program Great Taste, Steve Boss.
The tour will feature meaningful exchanges with sustainable farmers, artisan producers, and chefs, along with the experience of gorgeous countryside, art, and time for your meditation program, biking, hiking, golf, spa treatments, or other activities.
Day 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Stay at the famous spa hotel Terme di Riolo.
Visit olive oil, cheese, and wine producers, and a fabulous herb garden.
Cooking class with a chef who specializes in cooking with heirloom fruits.
On the way to an afternoon and evening in Florence, explore il Mugello, the area where the Medici family originated.
Enjoy the sea and Byzantine mosaics in Rimini, ceramics in Faenza, and time to relax.
Day 6, 7, 8
On our way to Albergo Corsini we’ll visit our friends Erika and Daniele, who produce amazing traditional balsamic vinegars, plus enjoy a stop at an artisan wine producer.
We'll stay in the tiny town of Rocca Corneta hosted by Germano and his family in Albergo Corsini.
Activities include visiting a bio-dynamic herb farm, a dairy making the king of cheeses, Parmigiano Reggiano, Slow Food’s protected local trout presidio, a walking tour of the area, and a cooking class featuring local pasta preparations.
We travel to Bologna and explore this amazing city for our last day.
The cost of the tour is $2,690. A deposit of $500 is due on April 1 and the balance is due on April 15. Deposits of $500.00 for this tour are refundable for two weeks from the date they are received ending April 15, 2013. If you sign up for the tour within 48 days of the tour departure, the deposit portion will be non-refundable.
Print your application and mail it to us along with your deposit.
Cost of the tour includes:
- All group transportation during the tour with pickup at the Bologna airport on June 1.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch, and dinner-beginning with dinner on June 1 and ending with breakfast on June 10) Vegetarian and non-vegetarian options,
- All tours (except for museums in Florence) and cooking lessons
- Hotel rooms
This Adventure offered by the MUM Global Development and Alumni Offices. For further information contact Maestro Steve Boss: email@example.com
- Transportation and airfare to and from Bologna
- Any additional activities such as spa treatments, golf, etc.
- Alcoholic beverages
- Special transportation for activities outside the normal group itinerary
- Transportation back to the Bologna airport from our local hotel
- Food outside of the regular meal plan