In order to graduate, MA candidates are required to take 36 credits of coursework over the period of one academic year (full-time).
Eligibility: The MA in Filmmaking is designed for individuals who have completed significant undergraduate work in the study of film or associated fields, or those who have a lot of work experience in the media industries. Prospective students must have a BA in order to be considered for the MA.
Required MA courses:
- • FOR500 Science of Creative Intelligence (4 credits) or
- • MC500 Advanced Narrative (2 credits): September
- • MC520 Advanced Screenwriting (4 credits): October
- • MC550 The Frame (4 credits): November
- • MC582 The Field (4 credits): December
- • Spring Forest Academy (2 credits): January
- • MC581 Advanced Video Media Project (12 credits): February - April
- • MC590 The Media Market (4 credits): May
Student Video Spotlight
Fruitface! by Ace Boothby
Nightbird by Micah Salaberrios