||This is the Student Housing Agreement form. Students will receive this form upon arrival, and are required to sign it and return it to the housing department, in order to move into campus residence hall facilities. You can download it here.
If you have any questions, please contact the Housing Department .
MAHARISHI UNIVERSITY OF MANAGEMENT
Argiro Student Center at Garden Level
HOUSING AGREEMENT FORM, Fall 2013 version
Last Name ____________________ First Name____________________
Student ID # _____________ Mailroom#____________
The following guidelines have been developed to help all campus residents live in a clean, comfortable, and safe environment. The quality of life for everyone depends on the care and cooperation of every campus resident. Please read each point carefully and sign below to indicate your agreement.
Terms and Conditions
1. Upholding Housing Policies: I agree to uphold all University housing rules as outlined in the Maharishi University of Management Student Handbook found at http://www.mum.edu.The Housing Office may update policies and announce them during the year.
2. Student Conduct: I agree to follow the principles of student behavior as outlined in the MUM Student Handbook.
3. No Alcohol, Drugs and Tobacco: I understand that the possession and/or distribution of alcohol and illicit drugs are strictly prohibited on campus and that smoking tobacco is not permitted anywhere on campus by state law and university policy.
4. Fees per Semester: I am committing to MUM to live on campus for this semester. I understand that students who move out of the residence halls after they have registered will not be eligible for a reduction in housing and/or meal charges for that semester.
5. Changing Rooms, Door Cards, & Use of Space: I understand that I must receive permission from the Housing Office and follow the outlined procedure before I change rooms, and that I must have a current, valid door card for the room I am occupying. I must display the door card on the door of the room I am assigned to occupy at all times, and I may not alter my door card in any way. I understand that the University has the right and may ask me to change my residence at any time during my occupancy.
6. Vacations: I understand that the University reserves the right to use rooms over the summer and winter break periods, and that my room and board charges do not include winter or summer vacations. Unless I have made other arrangements approved in writing by the Department of Student Life, I agree to leave my room no later than 48 hours after my last class prior to summer break, I agree to leave 24 hours after my last class before winter break, and I agree to leave no later than noon on the Monday following commencement if I am graduating. Students in Computer Science and Accounting MBA Professionals Programs are exempt from the provisions of this paragraph, and are required to follow their programs’ guidelines.
7. Course Withdrawals: I understand that if I withdraw from a course, I must vacate my room unless I receive permission from the Department of Student Life to remain on campus during the block(s) in which I have withdrawn, in accordance with the policy outlined in the Student Handbook.
8. Withdrawal from University & Suspension: Other than immediately before winter or summer break which is addressed above, I understand that when permanently vacating my room by my request or in case of suspension, I must vacate my room within 48 hours of the last class I attend, unless the Department of Student Life requires an earlier departure or approves a later departure in writing. I further understand that my eligibility for a refund will be determined by the University’s refund policy.
9. Housing Form: I understand that when I am moving out of my residence hall, for summer break or otherwise, I must complete a Housing Form and submit it to the Housing Office or my Residence Director within 48 hours of the last class I attended or within 48 hours of my official graduation, if I am graduating. Failure to submit a Housing Form when vacating my room will result in a fine. Housing Forms are available at the Enrollment Center, the Housing Office and online.
10. Damage Costs: I agree to pay for any damages to my room and common areas or their furnishings while under my care (including but not limited to costs arising from: altered locks, windows, screens, or electrical systems; damaged ceilings, walls, floors, closets, doors, desks, beds, halls, TV rooms, appliances; shampooing or replacing any carpet that is stained by ground-in-dirt, spill stains, oil or paint; and/or the replacement of any shattered or otherwise ruined tiles.) Please see the Housing Charges document online or in the Housing Office for a list of charges.
11. Moving Furniture: I agree not to bring into or remove from my room any University furnishings, or exchange mattresses, without the permission of the Residence Director (of my residence) or the Housing Department. (I must maintain two beds and mattresses in my room, if it is so equipped, even if I am the only occupant of the room.)
12. Telephone, Internet, & Television: I will not alter telephone/internet/television lines, or jacks, or install telephone/wifi/television equipment without the written permission of the Director of Communications or Housing Department. Fines may apply.
13. Fire Safety: I understand that fire safety regulations do not allow hot plates, toasters, toaster ovens, microwave ovens, crockpots, or other cooking appliances in residence halls other than in approved kitchens. Space heaters are not permitted unless specifically approved in writing by Facilities Management. Unsafe use of surge protector(s) is also prohibited. (Please see the Student Handbook for a list of approved appliances and further details about fire safety.) Unapproved items will be confiscated and returned upon move out and fines may be levied.
14. No Firearms or Weapons: I understand that no firearms or weapons of any kind are permitted at any time on campus.
15. Dining Hall and Kitchen Items: I will not take silverware, trays, dishes, salt and pepper shakers, milk crates, or other items out of the dining hall. Taking these items to rooms causes both shortages in the dining hall and increased room and board costs to cover their replacement.
17. Pets: For reasons of campus safety, hygiene, and maintenance of the residence halls, the University does not allow pets. Therefore, I will not keep pets on campus in my room or bring leashed pets on campus (including leaving them in vehicles). I will also not feed or shelter stray animals in or around any university facilities (especially residence halls).
18. Charges and Fees: I understand and agree that violations of these policies and any damage to the room or building for which I am held responsible will result in charges (see Housing Charges document for detailed information), which may be made against my account, as well as any additional consequences that may be imposed in accordance with the MUM Student Handbook. I further understand that these policies exist to maintain campus rooms at the highest level of comfort and dignity for all campus residents.